Check out this graph created by Online Education. Once you read through it, it may change your mind on reaching for that bottled water. So what do you do instead? Check out the options below the graph.
Clearly we need to reduce our use of water bottles! Here are some great options:
#1 The CamelBak Groove filter bottle:
This is absolutely the perfect water bottle with filter. I love CamelBak products because they are always guaranteed and of the highest quality. Just check out the reviews and you’ll see how much people love them.
- Turn tap water into great tasting water anywhere you go.
- The is a BPA free 20 ounce bottle that is also spill proof.
- These are absolutely ideal for traveling.
- Replaceable plant based carbon filter delivers up to 120 litres of fresh tasting water wherever you go
I LOVE this bottle. It keeps your water seriously cold! I have left it in my car for 8 hours and the water is still cold afterwards, I’m not kidding!
- It is spill and leak proof like all CamelBak products.
- This one is also compatible with all the 63 mm caps, accessories, and filters.
- BPA free
- Wide opening for easy filling and cleaning.
#3 The CamelBak Better Bottle:
- Available in multiple colors and in three sizes–1 liter, 0.75 liter, and 0.5 liter
- Dishwasher safe
- The bottle’s integrated handle makes it easy to carry with the crook of a finger or clip to a backpack with a carabiner.
- Big Bite Valve offers a perfect design that contains no moving parts–just bite and sip for easy hydration. The cap fits most other bottles and the Better Bottle attaches to most water filters and fits in most cup holders.
#4 The CamelBak Stainless Steel Bottle:
- It comes in multiple designs.
- Compatible with 63 mm caps, filters, and accessories
- BPA free, stain resistant, and taste free
- Made totally out of stainless steel and doesn’t have any liners or coatings.
- Big Bite Valve, and wide opening for easy filling and cleaning.
Many people in developing nations find clean consuming water very difficult to obtain. However developed countries such as the US spend billions of bucks getting bottled water even though they provide clean drinking water from the tap. The plastic bottles that this water comes in create billions of pounds of oil based rubbish predestined to live out thousands of years in a trash dump.
Bottled water is an American obsession, with Americans consuming on an annual basis 8.6 billion gallons. They consume considerable volumes, but more puzzling is that they are willing to pay 10,000 times the expense of tap water for the opportunity of drinking a likely inferior item.
Around the world some 53 billion gallons of bottled water are consumed developing a $63 billion dollar industry. One the most unique truths is that 40% of this bottled water is really taken from town water resources even “tap water”. One more peculiar aspect of this puzzle is that less screening happens to be done on bottled water than on tap water. It turns out that unlike tap water, bottled water is isn’t tested for e-coli. It can be distributed widely, even though it doesn’t meet the quality standards of tap water. Unlike tap water, bottled water isn’t demanded to create quality records or even supply it’s source.
The bottled water industry takes a huge amount of resources to produce. It takes 17 million barrels of oil to produce bottled water which suffices oil to supply 1 million automobiles for an entire year. Oil isn’t the only important source. Thankfully tap water is incredibly cheap since it takes about 3 times the volume of tap water to create and fill 1 bottle of bottled water.
Unfortunately, it isn’t just expensive, it is lower quality and the environmental impact is huge. Even though most cities in The united state have actually made recycling readily available, just 1 in 5 water bottles is ever recycled. Instead, 4 go to the trash dump to create 3 billion pounds of waste.
It is time to stop, and think about what you are really doing everytime you buy another bottle of water. Having your own personal bottle like the ones shown above will definitely save you a lot of money in the long run, and greatly reduce your carbon footprint. Help Mother Nature out, she deserves it!!