Full of flavor from the Mediterranean! These unique little muffins will certainly arouse your taste buds. Moist, savory and healthy? Yes please!
Makes 9 muffins
Olive Oil Spray
2/3 cup Onion, diced finely
2/3 cup Organic Red Bell Pepper, diced finely
1/3 cup Whole wheat flour *can substitute Gluten free flour
1/3 cup All purpose flour
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Brown sugar
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano (or 1 tsp fresh)
1/3 cup Organic Skim Milk
1/3 cup Fat Free Feta cheese, crumbled
1 large cage free egg (beaten)
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
2 tbsp Kalmata Olives, chopped
1. In a large skillet coat lightly with Olive Oil Spray, and add Onion and Bell Pepper, saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, chia seeds, baking powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, salt and oregano).
4. Combine wet ingredients (milk, feta, egg, tomato paste, kalmata olives) with the onion and bell pepper, and mix well.
5. Make a well in the dry ingredients and scoop in the wet. Combine well.
6. Oil up a muffin tray or use a dry Silicone muffin tray.
7. Fill the prepared muffin cups with two thirds of the mixture.
8. Bake until lightly browned, about 12-15 minutes (test with a toothpick to make sure they’re done. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.